So, I started doing the Keto Fat Burner diet plan on Wednesday of last week and have crazily dropped 6 whole pounds in 5 days!! Crazy. I know! Especially since yesterday, helping friends move, and working out that morning, I had, 3 SLICES of Pizza Hut Pizza, which was AMAZING, I might add, 😜 mainly because I was so hot, sweaty and tired (not to mention STARVING) and really didn’t want to be that one person that always says, “Oh, I’m on a diet, I can’t eat that.” You, know, there’s always that one person? 🙄 I didn’t want to make a fuss so I devoured it in spite of. 🤤😜 That was yesterday, and I had some Keto Cheesecake last night, to boot. So, this morning I knew my weight was going to read that I gained it all back. I hopped on the scale, and I think I did a double take, I not only didn’t gain an ounce but actually lost 8 extra ounces, so that made a whopping 6lbs total since Wednesday! Hey? I ain’t complaining no way, Ho-say! 😜
I hadn’t planned on telling anyone I had started Keto until I had at least made it through one week. But it slipped out because of this amazing “bread”. It was so pretty and smelled so good, I couldn’t resist posting it. And telling a little of my Keto success. 😉
If I continue to lose as I have I might lose ten in a week or week and a half. We’ll see?! I would love to be ten pounds lighter. Who wouldn’t? 😛
Moving on to the point of this post.
Cloud Bread Recipe:
Ingredients 3 eggs, separated
1/4 tsp of Cream of Tartar or Baking Powder
3 Tbsp Cream Cheese or Plain Yogurt
Optional add ins:
Pizza dough: 1-2 tsp garlic pepper seasonings, or Italian seasonings of choice.
Sweetener of choice and cinnamon on top for a yummy dessert like treat.
Fold in a couple Tbsp of cheddar cheese and 1 tsp of garlic powder for garlic cheese bread. Put butter on top once it’s out of the oven and cooled but still warm. Mmm. 👅
Directions: 1. Separate your eggs and place yolks in one bowl and egg whites in another bowl.
2. Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with a hand mixer for a few minutes. I usually check my FB or email while doing this, helps to kill time. Beat until you can form stiff peaks from the mixer beaters. When that’s done set aside.
3. Add the cream cheese to the egg yolks bowl and beat with hand mixer until well combined.
4. Fold half the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture until well combined. Repeat with the last bit of egg white mixture.
5. Dollop 6 fairly good size round spoonfuls on a piece of parchment paper on top of your cookie sheet.
6. All the mixture will form six round 1/2inch thick pieces of Cloud Bread. Just keep adding to each one from the mixture and spreading it in to flatten it out with the back of the spoon. It’s very light and airy so little to no pressure involved.
Bake at 300 degrees F for 30min. The recipe I found said to let cool for an hour. But I couldn’t wait that long. 30 min was plenty long and it was still a bit warm.
The texture is a bit like a scrambled egg-y like texture. But super duper light and airy. It makes really great pizzas!
So, have you made Cloud Bread? What do you like to do with it? I’d love to hear what you do with yours in the comments! Thanks for reading. Enjoy!
Bon Appetite! Katie, the Homestead Artist 👨🎤